At Axel Johnson International we are committed to managing and developing our business in a responsible and sustainable manner. We balance economic, environmental and social objectives for the long term benefit of our business, our stakeholders and for the communities in which we operate.
Our sustainability and business agendas go hand-in-hand. The very nature of our business requires that the products, services and solutions we provide advance our customers’ operations sustainably and long term. Consequently, our ability to deliver on our customer promise will determine our success in more than one respect.
With customer offerings tailored to increase the reliability, safety and efficiency of our customers’ operations we can help make a difference. Resource efficient operations and sourcing of products and services from responsible and far-sighted suppliers help us minimize our negative footprint. Respect for people is at the heart of our corporate culture and is a force for engagement and positive change in our communities.
All companies within our group are required to ensure that structures supporting the integration of sustainability into all business practices are in place.
Our companies are to:
- Establish strategies and measureable goals for sustainability and integrate these into business plans
- Appoint one person on senior management level responsible for sustainability
- Report sustainability KPI:s on a quarterly basis
- Annually review the key social and environmental risks to the company
- Evaluate the sustainability performance of acquisition candidates
- Ensure that environmental, human rights and labour laws are respected by the company’s suppliers.
- Clearly communicate the company’s sustainability work